serving katy since 2004
We are the largest Wing Chun Organization in Pan-America; with our award-winning headquarters in Huber Heights since 1987, a growing network of schools throughout the United States and internationally, with members in over 20 countries, and the accomplished team of instructors and staff members throughout the Meng's organization who are dedicated to helping you reach your full human potential. We are a team of focused, long term, and a professional organization continuously creating supporting material for our curriculum such as our Online Learning University, DVDs, Books, Manuals, in-person seminars/workshops. Meng's Martial Arts HQ is also the host to the internationally respected Ving Tsun Museum, the first martial arts museum in the United States.
Through more than 20 years of exhaustive research, travel, and training, Grandmaster Meng founder and curator of the Ving Tsun Museum developed the Shaolin Wing Chun Kung Fu Martial Arts System: Hung Lung Sin Fu Faat Mun Paai空 龍 善 虎 法 門 派, a complete, scientific based martial art system which harmonizes with the physics of the world we live in so that a practitioner can attain maximum efficiency in human combat. By teaching the close quarter combat efficiency of Wing Chun, we ensure that our students are proficient and effective in all ranges of martial arts to include long kicking, long striking, short striking, and grappling.
Once a student has some proficiency in some basic movements, the next step is working on the techniques with a more live format. Sparring doesn't have to be ultra-aggressive, but it does have to move away from fixed patterns. Sparring is about communication with your partner and focusing on an particular objective, skill set, or concept you are working on for that session.
The teaching methodology we use to pass on this martial arts knowledge is the same method they used in the Shaolin Temple hundreds of years ago. We call this method the Shaolin Halls Method of training. Progressing through the Shaolin Halls a practitioner learns to control their mind, their body, and their emotions so that they can be both effective and efficient in their daily lives as well as in a combat situation, in short, 'Harmonizing the Mind, Body, and Spirit."
- 7th Level Senior Instructor, Ving Tsun Athletic Association (only 1 in 44 worldwide)
- 6th Degree Master Rank Black Sash in the Ving Tsun Museum grading curriculum( 1 of 4 Worldwide)
- Certified by the Ving Tsun Museum in Dayton, Ohio in the
- Yipman Wing Chun Kung Fu system
- Picture in the Yipman Museum in Fujian, China
- World Title Gold Medal Wing Chun Competition Winner( 1 of 2 people from USA
- 2x National Gold Medal Wing Chun Competition Winner
- Featured in Multiply Internationally Sold DVD’s
- Featured in Kung Fu Magazine
- Instructor and Contributor to the Wingchunkungfuonline.org. The Ving Tsun Museums online course.
- Certified Sifu in Hek Ki Boen Kun Tao system. (1st level Associate Instructor / Less than 20 Worldwide)
- Judge and Referee for martial art competitions
- Coach to full contact San Shou / Chinese Kickboxing / Grappling Fighter
- First of 5 Non-Monks to get certified by Shaolin TempleName Listed on the Wing Chun Plaque at the Shaolin Temple ( 1 of 133 Worldwide)
- COBRA Self Defense territory owner and Instructor
- Has done Safety Assemblies for Katy ISD since 2008
Master Brad Ryan is a Full-Time martial arts business owner. Master Ryan knew within his first week of being a student he wanted to be a teacher of the martial arts. This is his passion, and his way to give back to the community on helping children, as well as adults, grow physically, mentally and emotionally using martial arts as the vehicle. He truly cares for his students’ success. Master Ryan is happily married with 2 kids and lives in Katy, TX. He is very active in community events.